Friday, March 7, 2008

My life: less like Zsa Zsa, more like Roseanne

Oh my goodness, you're here already. We didn't even have time to put up the curtains. I am new in the area and so glad you could stop by. I am sure we will be the best of friends.

This place is my take on the current highlights of my life. Of course there is the family life. I have a Filipino husband. Born and raised. So occasionally we are not on the same page, but show me a husband and wife who are always in sync and I will know you slipped me some pretty good drugs. I also have three beautiful, intelligent, amusing, charming, wild chickens children. Slight mistype there, don't mind me. Besides that full life, we are transplants from California who are trying out Costa Rica for a little while. That has been interesting. In the midst of all that, I thought, hey, what a great time to try and start a business? So I had this children's book I had been working on for a couple of years and viola. Should be out in September. So here I also talk about those processes: writing, self-publishing and entrepreneurship. At least I will talk about them as I learn them. As if that weren't enough, I have decided that I simply must join the blog-world. Hopefully I will get some good advice from folks who have been there/done that. And if not, some new friends to commiserate with. Over time, I hope this blog to be amusing and informative.

But enough about me, tell me about you. I am sure I won't be able to hit all the parties in the area. I heard that there were about 1,000 last year. Pretty incredible. So, if you stop here and think we could be BFF's, leave a comment and if I don't find you through the party, I will stop by later. I would love to exchange blogrolls with similar type bloggers. Especially the clever, witty, funny ones that make me look boring. That's you, right?

If you are interested in the book, there is a link to the right, just click on the cover to find out more. It has consumed my life for the past year or so. Kind of like my fourth baby. (Wait, forgot to count hubby - make that fifth baby). My understanding is that this has been the easy part. But I know when you force baby pictures on people not interested, it can be so distasteful. So, I didn't want to bore you with the details of that, so that's over there. Right there at the top. See it? The thumbnail with the head of a little girl with some floating hats. And it says the title, "My Name is Not Isabella." Bet you can't guess what it's about. You'll just have to click to see.

So what's a party without party favors. I mentioned that the book won't be out until September. In fact, I don't even have it in my hands yet. But, because I like you all so much I will give away one copy when available. All you have to do is leave a comment. I will chose (by random draw) the winner. And if you are interested, I am also offering special pricing for pre-orders during this party. But you gotta click the little girl for that.

I don't want to keep you. There are lots of great parties out there. In fact, I better get pary-hopping myself. Thanks so much for stopping by and see you around the blogoshpere.

27 comments:

Brenners said...

Stopping by your party to say hi! Sounds like your life is good and full!

You can visit my party here.

CC said...

I love books! You've had quite a few life changes! Wow! It's nice to meet you!

Tonya said...

Count me in on a copy of that book! Good for you and your new adventures. Gotta go party hop :)

Karen said...

Hi Jennifer!

Congrats on your upcoming book! Speaking as a writer wannabe, I KNOW how hard it is to get the ball rolling on a project like this. I would love win a copy of your book!

It was great meeting you; have fun at the party!

Write From Karen

BrineS said...

Inviting you to party with me!

Win a handmade pocket place mat:
http://comfortjoydesigns.blogspot.com/2008/03/ultimate-blog-party-2008.html

Win Chocolates:
http://thechocolistas.blogspot.com/2008/03/ultimate-blog-party-2008.html

Gerbil said...

I have a Korean husband... tell me about "not on the same page sometimes" ;) But we get by, we get by... Good blog, I'll have to come back

Rose said...

Oh wow, that's a great party favor!
I was going to order the book anyway... but you know, if I can win another copy... Sweet! The first copy is for my niece, Isabella. I think she's going to get a kick out of your book!

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I've bookmarked yours and plan on becoming a regular reader too.

Little Ladybug Designs said...

Congrats on your books! Nice to meet you. Have fun partying!

Heather said...

Hi! Nice to meet you! You're funnier than me but I see that we have a mutual friend - I *heart* Fussy too!

Don't mind me, I'm gonna look around for a while. Do you mind if I look in the medicine cabinet?

miriama said...

Man, you have one busy life! Nice to meet you and enjoy your party hopping!

dolls123 said...

Have a great party and thanks for the giveaway.

dolls123 (at) gmail (dot) com

Shauna said...

Stopping in to Say hello!!! I sooooo understand the less like zsa zsa more like roseanne!! Ughhh!! :) Havea great Monday!

Shauna said...

Stopping in to Say hello!!! I sooooo understand the less like zsa zsa more like roseanne!! Ughhh!! :) Havea great Monday!

Joanne said...

Wow, lots going on with you! Remember before you got married and had kids, how you THOUGHT you were busy? At least we have this party to help us relax. Come by and party in Milan when you can - oops didn't really mean to rhyme!

Scattered Mom said...

Lolol...love your blog title :)

Kids books are my favorite!

You can visit my blog at http://cookienotes.blogspot.com

Brandie said...

Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging! =) And how awesome that you will have a book published! I think that is amazing!

Beth/Mom2TwoVikings said...

What an adventure you are on! Wow! I feel tired just reading about it! Sounds amazing...I'll definitely by subscribing and/or bookmarking and ck-ing back!

Congrats on your new book. Would love to be considered for it for the giveaway!

Natalie said...

It's nice to "meet" you! Good luck with your book!

seven said...

Nice to meet you!

E said...

Looking for Clever, witty, funny? Did someone call me? :-) (Add modest to that list too). Very nice to meetcha'.

Ohhhh, I bet living in Costa Rica is just divine, especially this time of year! What made you decide to go there?

And your book! I want to hear all about it! I've always wanted to write a book (doesn't everybody say that?) but I just don't know how to begin. But your book sounds just fabulous! I must hear all about it.

In case you couldn't tell, I'm absolutely hooked now, so I'll be back later to read more in-depth.

Quirky
http://quirky-is-a-compliment.blogspot.com/

Terri H said...

;) Make sure you draw my name for the book. ;)

Glad you joined the party. Have fun!

Debz said...

Great post! Hope your enjoying the party! I’ve been meeting tons of new people! Hope to try to visit at least half of them before Friday! You never know when you may meet a forever friend. Pop by for a visit if you get a chance! Enjoy your day!

Beginner Baby Pregnancy Blog said...

I love seeing all these great sites. Happy party!

smtwngrl said...

Hi there! Happy Blog Party. Hope you're having a great time party-hopping. I know I am! Always nice to meet a fellow writer. I'll be back to read more when the partying slows down. Stop by and say hello when you gt a few minutes.

Janne said...

Wow! Writing a book! What an exciting endeavor!

Tes283 said...

Nice to met you.
Today I am sharing a new thought.
Using jelly in teas instead of honey or sugar. Different, but lots of fun and good tasting. Will you join me in a cup of Rose tea? (Rose jelly and green tea or black if you prefer).

Just going to blog party to blog party enjoying the different sites.

Butterbean said...

Congratulations on your book! I'd love to read it! Come visit!

 
Web Pages referring to this page
Link to this page and get a link back!