Friday, May 9, 2008

Going back to Cali

"We've been on the run
Driving in the sun
Looking out for #1
California here we come
Right back where we started from."
Phantom Planet - California

I'm going back to Cali, Cali, Cali. Tickets are purchased. San Jose, Costa Rica to San Jose, California on May 27. Just me. For about two weeks. Lots of work to do, but it is a very exciting time. This will be the first time that I am away from the kids for this extent of time, but I will be uber-busy.

My to do list:

  1. Get hair done (okay, technically not to do with the book, but I need me some color! And I have got to look good to represent myself, right? right!)
  2. Register business at California tax franchise board to be able to collect tax.
  3. Accept shipment of the books (1,000 in my mother-in-laws garage - thanks Mommi).
  4. Get shipping materials set up to be able to ship out book orders.
  5. Stuff envelopes for book reviews, award submissions, registrations, early deliveries, etc.
  6. Visit the post office regularly.
  7. Set up future mailings so my brother-in-law (thanks Jun) can do post office runs if necessary.
  8. Spend some time in the public library (oh do I miss those!) and utilize reference section to determine what magazines to target, etc.
  9. Project Haul My Fat A## Around Town - furthermore referred to as HMFAAT (wow that sounds like I'm Fat - sweet irony). This includes visiting local bookstores trying to book signings for an upcoming September trip when the book will be officially on sale, visit shops and try to make sales, mom's groups, and anything else I can think of.
  10. Set up and do a school visit at a local school, including book sales.
  11. Visit friends
  12. Shop for stuff I can't easily get in Costa Rica (kids socks that they actually like, retractable dog leash, magic erasers, chewable vitamins with fluoride, good ice cube trays, etc.)


Pedal to the floor
"Thinkin' of the roar
Gotta get us to the show
California here we come
Right back where we started from
California!
Here we come!"

0 comments:

 
Web Pages referring to this page
Link to this page and get a link back!