Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Operation HMFAAT has Begun

Operation HMFAAT has begun. The following was written yesterday morning while waiting in the Costa Rica airport.

This morning I was up at the crack of dawn to catch the plane. Everything packed and ready to go last night amidst many choruses of “Mom, don’t go” and “Take me with you” and “Why can’t I go too?” I spent extra time in the bedtime reading stage. We read The Velveteen Rabbit, one of my all time favorites. I always get choked up when I read it aloud to them. I think that Bella get’s it, but Gus fell asleep mid-transformation. Then I spent a lot of time snuggling and talking with Bella. I told her I would come in and kiss her before I left, because I know she doesn’t like to be woken.

For weeks I have been looking forward to this trip. To traveling without a posse. To only needing to keep track of one pair of shoes through security. To only worrying about my own bathroom and beverage needs.

Sleep was hard to come last night. I was still in overload of excitement mode. And travel anxiety mode. But this morning when it became real, when the taxi driver was at the front, when I needed to go, I find myself tearing up.

The flight is at 9am, I left the house at 5:30. Everything went smoothly at the airport and I am at the gate by 6:30 am. It is to be a long day. First to Dallas, one hour there, then to Austin, one hour there and then on to San Jose, California. Nothing to do but wait. And contemplate a $7 Burger King Breakfast.

0 comments:

 
Web Pages referring to this page
Link to this page and get a link back!