Friday, July 11, 2008

Haiku Friday - In the dumps, perk me up

Haiku Friday

Feeling a bit down
Living in my bubble
So far from the States

If I were at home
That is the Bay Area
I would go Blogher

I could visit stores
Show off my book to the world
Everyone might buy

My market is tapped
Here in Costa Rica land
But it's beautiful

Bet you don't feel sorry for me, do you? Still, it is hard to promote from here. I feel overwhelmed by all the internet options. I feel scared to make phone calls. Cold call, Cold mail/promo to stores? Blog reviews and buzz? What will help the most. The train seems slow in starting. Will it ever get up to full speed? And will I be driving?

3 comments:

maggies mind said...

Costa Rica sounds nice, but there is something to be said for being where you feel you can be at your best to do the most. Hope you find some solution that works.

Joyce said...

That does sound scary and challenging. I hope you figure it out so that the situation becomes more comfortable for you!

Karen of Sillymonkeez said...

I don't know what I'd do so far from home. Good luck promoting your book!

 
Web Pages referring to this page
Link to this page and get a link back!