Thursday, September 25, 2008

How to publish children's book - some links to help

The web is, well, entangling. There is so much information available. If you are thinking/planning/dreaming/in the process of writing a children's book, you have to know some of the odds you are up against. Especially if you want to get it published. Or if you are thinking of publishing it yourself.

First, the writing:
I strongly recommend a writer's group or critique group. Being bound by three little ones, I found that the online groups worked best for me. I used critique circle. As soon as I start writing something new (ahemm) I will use it again. Some advise I got was fantastic, some less so. But at the very least it was beyond the, "it's so great, you are a talented girl" kind of comments.

Second, the publishing:
The Purple Crayon has links to so many articles, you could spend days here.
Jim Cox over at Midwest Review, besides being a review organization, has great content as well.
Preditors and Editors is helpful, and being sued for it.
IBPA (formerly PMA) has some great articles for everyone to see.

That should keep you busy for a little while.

0 comments:

 
Web Pages referring to this page
Link to this page and get a link back!